When companies look for good hosting for their sites, they are faced with renting virtual hosting or a VDS server. According to the general description, they are very similar, but you may need explanations.
Virtual hosting or shared hosting – there are many clients on one server who share the resources of one physical machine. Virtual hosting services can be used even by companies that have not previously encountered this issue. Shared hosting is also considered one of the most budget options and is suitable for startups just beginning to develop in their field.
Virtual Dedicated Server
VDS – several virtual servers with capacities and resources are created on one physical machine. Yes, you share one physical server with other clients, but your VDS and its resources are completely independent.
Virtual Hosting Or VPS?
If you are still in doubt about the choice, let’s look at some aspects of these types of hosting. It’s time to understand what suits you best.
- In shared hosting, the level of productivity can drop sharply and increase, which means that your site may slow down at certain moments.
- It does not happen in the VDS server. After all, you have separated resources that no one borrows. Moreover, if there are not enough resources, they can always be expanded quickly.
- With virtual hosting, you will use only the primary control panel without the ability to administer the server at different levels.
- In the case of a VDS server, you can always configure it to suit your company.
- If you use shared hosting, be prepared that a DDoS attack from one of your ISP’s customers will also affect your site.
- In the case of a VDS server, both your company and the provider are responsible for security. You can install your security methods and take advantage of what the provider offers.
What Is Right For Your Company?
If you are a small company, plan to launch a small project, and do not care about advanced configuration and resource management, then choose shared hosting. This option is also suitable for beginner blogs, small online stores, business card sites, and anything that does not require special tools and features.
If you are a company that works with a large-scale online store and corporate portal and has more than 1 000 users daily on the site, then choose a virtual dedicated server. So you can maintain the necessary performance and monitor any changes in the virtual server.
By choosing King Servers, you will receive quality service, technical support, migration assistance, and reliable data protection with backup. If you still have doubts, you have the opportunity to test any VDS configurations during a free test period that lasts from 7 to 14 days. To learn more about the conditions of VDS and VPS servers, contact a specialist.